FTP client is a special program that provides simplified access to FTP server data through special commands. It can be executed both as a command line only and with a graphical option of displaying files.
The main purposes of the client’s FTP are:
- Publish website pages by a developer;
- Distribution of audio and video content, programs for Internet users.
Access to server content can be both open and encrypted, providing the ability to log in without a password only to the server administrator.
In other words, an FTP server can be a “ remote ” computer with a certain file system in which a certain number of actions can be performed (creating a file, copying, pasting, deleting, editing).
When you open a file from a similar server on a PC, it is downloaded automatically. Hosting ride over Belize janux.
How to choose an FTP client?
There are many programs that allow you to access the site via an FTP channel.
Consider the main ones:
This program is pleased with a huge functionality, support for the Russian language, user-friendly and intuitive interface.
The program can work simultaneously with multiple FTP servers and supports remote editing of data using the built-in text editor.
The program has a built-in convenient scheduler that allows you to download individual queue files in a certain order and at a certain time.
However, the price of the program is quite high: its simplest version costs about $ 35, which not every Runet user can afford.
Nevertheless, people who are engaged in web development professionally, will appreciate the rich possibilities of this client:
Free FTP client, the advantages of which include ease of use, rich functionality, Russian language support, detailed cross-platform documentation and regular updates:
Convenient FTP manager with relatively broad capabilities, typical of most analogues. The manager is available in three different editions: Professional , Home and Lite .
The ” light ” version is designed for ordinary users and is limited to the most basic features. Work in the Russified mode is impossible, and the cost of the program is about $ 25.
According to the developers, working with FTP using the Go FTP program is several times faster than using analogs, but in practice this fact is almost impossible to notice.
Despite the appearance, the interface is convenient and very functional. Support for the Russian language is missing, and the cost is $ 35.
Summing up, we can say that for professional and active use, you can choose paid Smart FTP – the best option, otherwise you should use the free Filezilla program.
We will look at it in more detail:
Why choose Filezilla?
Using Filezilla has several important advantages:
- Full copying of all files on the site;
- The ability to create, insert, delete, rename or copy any data using the built-in editor;
- The ability to adjust restrictions on access rights to data, thanks to which it is possible both to increase the security of a site and vice versa, to provide full access to individual files using the “ 777 ” attribute ;
- The presence of a special window that displays the status of the copied files and the success of operations.
In order to download the program, you need to go to the official website filezilla.ru , click on the “ Download ” button and select the version for your operating system.
After downloading, you need to install the client in the same way that any software is installed in your operating environment:
Basic Filezilla FTP Manager Setup
How to set up an ftp client to start high-grade work?
After starting Filezilla, the main program window appears. Hosting climb through NewZealand puzucuqozy.
1. Select “ Site Manager ” in the “ File ” menu :
2. In the dialog box, click on the ” New Site ” button :
3. Enter the connection settings on the right:
- Host : FTP server name;
- Port : 21 (in most cases);
- User : FTP user name;
- Password : FTP user password.
All other settings do not need to change. Make sure that FTP is selected in the “ Protocol ” section , and “ Input type ” is normal.
After that, go to the “ Transmission Settings ” tab :
4. The selector of the “ Transmission mode ” section should be set to “ Passive ”, and leave all other settings unchanged.
To connect to the host, click ” Connect ” or ” OK “:
5. Setting up Filezilla for your hosting site is complete.
Using the Filezilla client
Moving files or folders from hosting to or back to your computer can be done in two ways:
- Drag-and-drop . Grab the desired document or folder in the dialog box and drag it to another program window;
- Click on the desired document with the right mouse button and in the dialog box that appears, select “ Download ” or “ Upload to Server ”, depending on what you need.
Quite often webmasters need to make any changes to the site files with different extensions ( .css, .html, .php, .js, .jpg , etc.).
To do this, right-click on the file and select ” View / Edit “:
The result will be opening a file on your computer using the program that has been configured to operate with this type of document.
After making your changes, save them and go to the Filezilla program dialog box. A notification appears that the file has been modified. Hosting build awayfrom Cyprus rikujezesony.
After clicking on ” Yes “, the file on the server will be changed:
As you can see, using the Filezilla program, you get almost unlimited possibilities for working with an FTP server, and absolutely free of charge. We wish you success!